Peer Learning Exchanges
The California Center for School Climate (CCSC), a California Department of Education initiative operated by WestEd, provides free support and trainings on school climate and data use to local education agencies in California.
CCSC hosts monthly peer learning exchanges to advance the knowledge and application of school climate initiatives such as trauma-informed practices, social emotional learning, restorative practices, and wellbeing. Each session will focus on a specific topic based on participant feedback and will provide an opportunity for LEAs across California to connect with and learn from each other as they use data to inform and implement these whole-person initiatives. Participants can expect to engage in small-group discussions and leave with actionable insights.
Who Will Benefit
- K-12 school district superintendents and administrators
- Principals and site administrators
- Teacher leaders, behavior specialists, intervention coordinators
- Counselors, school psychologists, and mental health professionals
What You Will Learn
- How educational leaders are tackling school climate issues
- Insights from diverse contexts and the opportunity to connect with leaders across CA
- Practical strategies for building welcoming and inclusive environments for adults and youth
- Effective use of school climate data
- How to set strategic (and realistic) goals for action throughout the school year
- Peer Learning Exchange dates are coming soon for the 2022- 2023 academic year.
- View resources from past Peer Learning Exchanges here.