The California Center for School Climate (CCSC) is offering a School Climate Data Use Community of Practice (CoP) at no cost for a select number of California LEAs during the 2022/23 school year. CCSC will support LEA teams to improve their school climate data use practices with:
- Capacity building;
- Opportunities to connect with other districts; and
- Individualized coaching.
About the School Climate Data Use Community of Practice
CCSC will work with select LEAs to build local capacity of school climate data use practices through a community of practice. LEAs participating in the School Climate Data Use CoP will identify a team to participate in virtual and in-person events during the 2022/23 school year. Together, CCSC and participating LEAs will examine data use improvement practices to:
- Use local school climate data to support school improvement goals;
- Build capacity in data use practices; and
- Address inequities in school climate supports and outcomes.
Application link below!
Core LEA Team
Each LEA will bring together a team of district and/or school leaders to work closely with CCSC coaches to guide the yearlong partnership. This core LEA team, with coaching from the CCSC, will identify assets and opportunities for school climate improvement based on data. The team will make connections to LCAP and other improvement plans and support existing LEA school climate initiatives (e.g., multi-tiered systems of support, social-emotional learning).
Each LEA that is part of the CoP will participate in:
- Virtual Group Sessions: These include a series of four 90-minute virtual CoP sessions with other participating districts. Topics in these sessions will be determined based on input received from the participating LEAs. Some topics could include:
- Centering student voice
- Data-informed decision-making
- Monitoring improvements
- The alignment of school climate data with LCAP goals
- Engaging families and community partners
- Addressing equity and culturally responsive supports
- Using data to support existing school climate initiatives
- Data visualization
- Virtual Individualized Coaching Sessions: Two coaching sessions with your core LEA team will be offered. The data-focused coaching sessions will provide capacity-building for LEAs.
- In-Person School Climate Data Use Workshop: The workshop includes a series of interactive activities on data discovery, data mapping, data dialogues, and collaborative follow-through. If there are in-person restrictions, a virtual option can be provided.
- Who attends? Approximately 30 individuals, including district/school leaders, school staff, family members, and community partners, can attend the workshop.
- How long is the event? The workshop is approximately 3 hours long. If virtual, it will be held in two 90-minute sessions.
- What is the role of the LEA? In preparation for the workshop, the CCSC team will collaborate with your core LEA team in identifying local data and goals. LEAs will be responsible for recruiting participants, coordinating logistics, and providing refreshments, if needed, for attendees. The core LEA team will also participate in a follow-up meeting.
The CCSC can support a limited number of districts for this opportunity. If you are interested, please apply here by October 14, 2022.