Engaging the School Community in the Transformation Process
The perspectives of diverse school community members are integral to school climate improvement efforts and ensure that a shared vision for safe and supportive learning environments is authentic and effective. In this audiocast, you’ll hear how San Diego Unified’s Horace Mann Middle School has engaged in team-based climate and connectedness improvement work to promote supportive student-staff relationships.
- Dr. Nea Hearn, District–level Instructional Coordinator San Diego Unified School District
- Sarah Schulte, Site–level instructional coordinator at Horace–Mann Middle School
- Nate Leboff, Math teacher at Horace–Mann Middle School
- Catherine Fox–Copeland, English teacher at Horace–Mann Middle School
- Gladys, 7th grade student
- Ahn, 8th grade student
View the transcript for this audiocast.
Download the Horace Mann brief.