The California Center for School Climate (CCSC), a project of the California Department of Education operated by WestEd, provides school climate and data use support and trainings at NO COST to the LEAs in California.
Supports are provided to districts and schools across the state via a series of activities including school climate virtual events, data use virtual sessions, peer learning exchanges, school climate data use workshops, professional learning supports, and one-on-one consultation supports.
The CCSC provides technical assistance in the following areas:
- School climate and culture improvement practices
- Alignment and coherence of varying school climate practices
- Safe and supportive school practices
- Engaging families and community partners
- Equitable and culturally responsive practices
- Data-informed decision-making (e.g., strategies to help interpret school climate data)
- Alignment of data with LCAP goals and/or other school improvement plans
- Engaging partners in data-informed decision-making and continuous improvement efforts
Activities and Supports
To learn more about the activities and supports offered by CCSC, visit these links:
- Join us for the CCSC Kick-Off Webinar on Thursday, January 20 at 10 AM:
Register here for the CCSC Kick-Off Webinar
- Peer Learning Exchanges
- Safe and Supportive Learning Environments Essentials Virtual Course
- Technical Assistance Support: Please complete this form to request technical assistance
Who Will Benefit
- K-12 school district administrators
- Principals and site administrators
- Teacher leaders, behavior specialists, intervention coordinators
- Counselors, school psychologists, and mental health professionals
We Want to Hear From You
We are interested in learning more about the field’s strengths and needs to help shape our supports and resources. Please complete this Inquiry Survey.
For more information about the CCSC, please contact our team at schoolclimate@Wested.org.
To receive updates about CCSC events and resources, subscribe to the California Safe and Supportive Schools Newsletter.