Relationships are at the core of any educational environment and can make all the difference in how we create positive school climates. Join us to ground in transformative relationship practice to engage in throughout the school year. During the session, you can expect to reflect on relationships, identify your needs, and make a plan to create more transformative relationships with people in your educational community.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Describe what transformative relationships mean for them individually
- Identify and have a list of transformative relationships in their lives
- Identify what they give to and receive from transformative relationships
- Make a plan to communicate their needs around transformative relationships
- Engage in mindfulness activities
- Identify their preferred way of receiving and giving gratitude
- Make a plan to incorporate gratitude into their day
- Identify how to use gratitude individually, peer to peer, and as administrators
Yasemin Rodriguez Corzo, Associate Director, Alliance for a Healthier Generation
Bio: Yasemin Rodriguez Corzo, MA is the Associate Director on the Whole Child Health National Advisor team at the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. With a background in education in emergencies, Yasemin has 10+ years in curriculum and content design, educational and workforce programming implementation, and research. In her current role, she oversees and collaborates with a team of National Advisors to create and curate resources, design and deliver high quality professional learnings, and cultivate and maintain national and regional partnerships to bolster practices and policies in whole child health. Yasemin holds a master’s degree from Teachers College, Columbia University in International Educational Development with a focus on Peace and Human Rights Education. In addition to improving practices and systems to ensure equitable education for children across the globe, Yasemin is also passionate about travel, going for long walks, and fish tacos.